Last month I had the opportunity to partner with Finnair and experience their new ‘Stopover‘ program via Helsinki. As an avid traveller I’ve historically though of stopovers as a pain, and something I try to avoid. However with programs such as the one Finnair is offering, stop overs actually allow you to maximize your experience and make the most of your travels.
Hear me out…
Instead of paying more to fly direct, the program allows you to spend a night or two (or three etc) in your stop over city before continuing onto your final destination. I flew from New York to Helsinki, spent a couple days exploring the city, then continued onto Barcelona. Both cities were on my bucket list and I was able to tick them off in one go, without the added expense of booking separate flights. Pretty good deal eh?
So if you guys are planning on some upcoming travels, check out the Finnair Stopover Program and see if it will work for you!
Some ‘Fun Facts’ I learned about Helsinki:
- Helsinki is the world’s coldest capital city
- People in Finland drink more coffee per person than anyone else in the world (12kg)
- In June and July, the sun never reaches the horizon
Some ‘Fun Facts’ I learned about Barcelona:
- Barcelona didn’t have beaches until the 1992 Olympics
- Barcelona has 12 abandoned metro stations that are reportedly haunted
- The Eiffel Tower was originally intended to be in Barcelona